Wednesday 12 August 2015

Summertime

Blimey, has it really been over a year since I blogged?

I was pregnant when the garden was being developed and I had dreadful morning sickness. Once everything was planted up, I had to take a step back and let it get on with itself for a while.

did enjoy last summer with my little girl. She absolutely adored having the new garden and loves having a nice and safe place to play outside. Every day she runs out the backdoor and spends as long as the weather allows her to spend out there!

My son was born on New Year's Day so this year has been very busy and exciting. I loved being able to get back into gardening in spring, with my daughter helping where she could and my son snoozing nearby in his pram.

Watching how the garden grows and changes as each plant gets established and fades has been wonderful and I'm still learning a lot. I made many mistakes when I first planted it up, which I am happy to admit, but have had fun lifting and moving plants and adding new additions and seeing improvements. 

The sweetpeas I planted last year came to nothing and the same happened again this year, so I cut my losses (literally) and hacked down all of it and vowed never to bother again! This year, I bought the same tomato plant as I did last year, but this time I took care of it, fed it regularly  (which I didn't do last year) and I am thrilled to have much better results this time! Lots of healthy full green leaves and masses of clumps of gorgeous little green spheres, just waiting to ripen! Yum.The three strawberry plants continued to provide many lovely specimens last year and this year it threw out its runners (I've made seven new plants) and did nothing else. Roll on next year for the next crop!

Here's a look at how things have been changing.
x

PATIO

27th April

15th June

1st August

8th April

15th June

12th August
     

My rubbish sweetpeas!


BACK BORDER

8th April

15th June

12th August

SIDE BORDER

8th April

14th April

26th April

15th June


12th August


      

No comments:

Post a Comment